How Do Occupational Therapists Work With Children?
As every family’s needs are unique and different, we encourage an initial chat to learn about your child and family to determine the best way forward for you.
We help you and your child by offering:
- Assessments for babies and children
- Intensive Treatment Blocks using various approaches including Sensory Integration, Neurodevelopmental / Bobath Treatment, as well as self-regulation, trauma and attachment. Occupational Therapy Sessions can be provided in:
- Clinic has suspended sensory equipment (therapy swings, ropes, ladders, bungees), crashpads, scooterboards, ride-on toys, and ample space for sensory integration, gross and fine motor therapies. The clinic is in a specially modified house practice where children are comfortable and happy to come to ‘Munira’s house.’ The benefit of having a house practice is the access to other parts and outdoor area to work on ‘real life’ functional skills such as gardening, cooking, feeding, climbing stairs, and playing outside.
- Home, School & Community-based Sessions to work in the child’s own environment and develop day-to-day skills with their educational team
- Teletherapy screenings, assessments, and treatments for children locally, further away in the UK, and internationally virtually using Skype, Zoom, and other platforms.
- Parent Consultations- Helping parents understand their child’s needs and challenges, why they behave the way that they do, and how to support them
- iLs – Integrated Listening Systems
- Therapeutic Listening® Program
- Kinesio® Taping
All children develop at different rates, however there are important developmental milestones that they should meet. Should you be questioning your child’s progress, do arrange a time to call and see whether Occupational Therapy may help.
Support For Therapists By A Fellow Occupational Therapist:
- Clinical or Business Mentorship – I have provided 1:1 or virtual mentorship to Paediatric Occupational Therapists and other therapists requiring Sensory Integration support over the last ten years. This may involve support and advice regarding individual cases, writing reports, or running a business.