How Does Occupational Therapy Help Your Child?
At ot4kids, whilst building relationships with families and schools, we use a holistic approach to help your child:
- Reach their developmental milestones (rolling, sitting, crawling, walking, jumping, hopping, writing, shoe tying)
- Improve upper body strength and stamina to sit upright or play sports
- Develop balance and coordination skills to play at the park
- Acquire fine motor skills to write, cut, eat, and get dressed
- Develop motor planning and problem-solving skills to do new activities, or come up with ideas for play
- Be confident and focused
- Learn how one’s body feels during different emotions and what tools can help
- Increase repertoire of foods
All children develop at different rates. If your child does not meet key developmental milestones, it is important to have them assessed as early as possible.