Lead Therapist & Owner of ot4kids
How I Work
I’m an American trained Occupational Therapist with 22 years paediatric experience in the US, Canada, and the UK. For the past eleven years, I have grown my own practice in London, England, and opened my own home clinic in Southfields, SW London. There is access to specialist equipment such as sensory integration swings and gross motor apparatus.
I predominantly see children under thirteen years of age, including babies and toddlers while older children are treated by my colleagues. I also help parents be confident to support their child’s sensory, motor, and emotional development.
I am a strong proponent of Early Intervention. I have seen first hand with my own son and children I treat, how early intervention, whether it be by parent consultations and / or treatment, helps establish strong foundational patterns of movement, improved sensory processing and emotional regulation.
I believe it is never too early or late to receive Occupational Therapy support as the brain can always rewire and adapt. I also trust a parents’ gutt instinct, and value working with parents to directly support their child’s sensory and motor needs.
My business is a family affair. My son makes appearances in my virtual programs when I need a ‘demo’ and he helps me me figure out technology. What takes me hours to do takes him five minutes. Your support to my small business means the world to me as it helps me be there for my family.
Together, we make up ot4kids.
As a mum to a child who has had his own challenges, particularly in his first year, it has not only helped, but empowered me, to be a part of everything he does so that I can learn, support and advocate for him.
Being able to understand my sons strengths and challenges using a sensory and motor lens has had a big impact in our daily lives. It allows me to understand his behaviour, why he’s having both difficult or good times, and when and how to implement strategies ‘on the fly.’
Although, trust me, like many other parents, I do have my own challenging moments where I feel like I’m doing it all wrong or I’m going to crazy.
My experience with my son is definitely the WHY to how I work.
At ot4kids, we help YOU help YOUR kids by providing parent consultations and online trainings, and having you present and involved in sessions. As you are with your child the most, your input is instrumental. We want to support you in learning the reason behind your child’s behaviours and movements, and to be empowered with sensory processing strategies and a plan while parenting ‘on the go.’
Outside Of Work….
I love learning random bits of info about others as it’s what makes us all unique and individual. Here are 5 random things about me:
- I have lived in 4 countries, and too many cities to count in my life. I’ve lived in Taiwan, the US, Canada, and now call London home. In uni, I started of as a Biomedical Engineering / Pre-Med student. I really hated engineering. So, only two weeks before returning for my second year, I decided to change degrees. I committed to a 5-years Bachelors and Masters Occupational Therapy program in Buffalo, NY. One of my BEST fast decisions ever. Sometimes you just know!
- Noodles are my comfort food.
- I’m a straight-talker. If you need an honest answer, ask me as I can’t hide much.
- I’m a Home Ed Mum so on my days off, my son and I are often out-and-about exploring new parks and museums, going on play dates, and doing crafts. I’ve learned lots of new things, some out of my comfort zone, thanks to my son. 🙂
- I love independent coffee shops. My great-grandmother in Pakistan used to give me ‘caaffee,’ which is basically warmed milk with a drop of coffee in it, since I was 2 years old.
Book a free 20-minutes call to learn more about our approach and how we can help you and your child.