What is Kinesio® Taping?
Kinesio® Taping is a new and effective treatment method where tape is applied over and around specific muscles to provide joint support and muscle re-education. Kinesio® Taping is used to:
- Facilitate optimal movement patterns
- Improve body / muscle alignment
- Strengthen weak muscles
- Relax tight muscles
- Stabilize or support joints
- Decrease pain and swelling
- Improve motor skills development and function
- Enhance recovery from injuries
Kinesio® Taping has been used by elite athletes to enhance their sports performance and recover faster from injuries. These include Lance Armstrong, David Beckham and Serena Williams. 😉
How am I Qualified?
The success of Kinesio® Taping is dependent upon proper evaluation of the child’s posture and movement, and correct application of the tape.
I have found that Kinesio® Taping successfully complements my use of Sensory Integration and Neurodevelopmental (Bobath) Treatment techniques.