Sue has been a Paediatric Occupational Therapist for 30 years and has undertaken extensive Sensory Integration training and coursework in the USA. Sue is certified in Sensory Integration Therapy from the USA, and Bobath trained (neurodevelopmental treatment) in the UK giving additional insight into your child’s body alignment and movement patterns. She has a special interest in trauma, attachment and emotional regulation, and is trained in Therapeutic Listening and sensory feeding difficulties. Sue is also able to offer Sensory Integration treatment combined with Therapeutic Story Telling to help support families and children with trauma and attachment difficulties. Sue treats children from 2-18 years of age with various diagnoses including Autism, ADD/ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, Dyspraxia / DCD, Dyslexia, down syndrome, and other conditions. Parents find her sessions to be creative and effective and kids have fun while working hard. Her particular interest is in sensory integration therapy due to its effectiveness and good results. Sue believes it is important to involve parents in the therapy sessions and work with them to support their children.
She can see your child at home in London.
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)- Registration number OT17712
Continuing Professional Development & Education:
- Therapeutic Story Telling and Attachment, Minnesota, USA, Feb & Nov 2016
- Expanding Your Toolbox: Integrating Therapeutic Approaches in Pediatrics with Shelley Mannell & Kim Barthel, Vancouver, Canada, Sept 2015
- Trauma Informed Approach to Sensory Processing Disorder and Arousal Regulation, Vital Links, Chicago, USA, May 2015
- Attachment Sensory Integration. April 2013, September 2014 and ongoing.
- Levels 1.2, 3, & 4 of the Sensory Integration Certification Courses by Western Psychological Services, USA in Oct 2013, March, June & Oct 2014. Leading to certification in Sensory Integration Therapy from the USA.
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding, USA, April 2013
- Wilbarger Brushing Programme, October 2012
- Therapeutic Listening, October 2011
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication Systems), Sept. 2009
- Integrating S.I. and N.D.T., USA, July 2008
- Bobath Foundation Course, Treatment of children with Cerebral Palsy, 8 weeks, Oct-Nov, 2003
- Diploma in Autism, 12 months, Sept 1998 – July 1999
- Dorset House School of Occupational Therapy, SROT Dip in O.T. 1986 – 1989